Summerland: the 2020 film starring Gemma Arterton features a dream-like sequence filmed at Dover Castle.
Christopher Robin: filming for the 2018 Disney film starring Ewan McGregor and Hayley Atwell took place at Cruise Terminal One at the Port of Dover and Shakespeare beach.
King Lear: the 2018 modern-day adaptation of the Shakespeare play starring Anthony Hopkins, Emma Thompson and Florence Pugh was filmed in various locations including Dover Castle, Samphire Hoe and Abbot’s Cliff.
Avengers: Age of Ultron: was partly filmed at Dover Castle. If you look carefully you will be able to see the entrance to the Wartime tunnels used as a secret entrance.
Wolf Hall: the BBC historical drama based on the book by Hilary Mantel was filmed at Dover Castle.
Into the Woods: the Disney production starring Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, James Corden and Emily Blunt was filmed at Dover Castle.
The Other Boleyn Girl: in the 2008 film starring Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson Dover Castle makes a very convincing Tower of London!
Dover is a prime location for history documentaries and several have featured Dover Castle, the Bronze Age Boat at Dover Museum, the Western Heights and Dover seafront including, most recently:
- Battlefield Britain - presented by Dan and Jon Snow
- Secrets of Great British Castles - presented by Dan Jones
- Time Team, The Boats that Made Britain - presented by Tony Robinson and co
- A History of Ancient Britain - presented by Neil Oliver
- Great British Railway Journeys - presented by Michael Portillo